Alongside the Church is our Church Hall, with a large upper hall and a smaller lower hall. The building is used by the church and by many local community groups.
The Parish Hall - Laying the Foundation Stone, September 1910
The Parish Hall - The need for a parish room was discussed at a meeting in 1907 and it was decided “if possible, to build a parish room in the corner of the Churchyard.” At the time the new pews, floor and pulpit were being installed so it was not until August 1909 that the Church Council passed a resolution to go ahead with the building. A fund raising appeal was issued in November headed by Mr. George Smith. In July the following year a bazaar at the Assembly Rooms to raise money for the Parish Hall brought in £300. The fundraising was obviously successful as later that year, 19th September 1910, Lady Grey laid the foundation stone of the Parish Hall. Services were held to mark the occasion of the laying of the foundation stone and also the opening of the hall some ten months later on the 27th July 1911.
The Revd. H Maynard Smith had become Vicar in 1909 but the previous vicar, the Revd. A C Deane was obviously invited to take part in both services as he thanked Lady Grey for laying the stone and seconded Mr Dyson Perrins' vote of thanks to the Bishop who had spoken at the opening ceremony. The ceremony was also attended by Mr Stanley Baldwin, M.P. Mrs. R C Hill, wife of the Vicar’s warden, unlocked the main door and declared the Parish Hall open. She also received a vote of thanks, proposed by Revd. J Outram Smith and seconded by the People’s warden Mr C E Moilliet.